Monday, May 5, 2008

Discovery Day and Organic Milk

I came back from SCAA last night....and was up bright and early again to attend Discovery Day, 'course not too early to have my pot-o MJ (my fav.) We served drinks in the training center to about 14 people...looks like a very dynamic crowd! I have some time to punch things out until 1 o'clock and then I will be conducting a tour through the roasting facility.

Jeremy asked what I saw at the SCAA?...and although much is on the QT...I can feel the consumer interest to look at organic milk as an option for customers. I don't think that everybody is yet willing to pay the premium that it would cost to serve all organic milk, but I think we might be reaching a point in time that for an additional charge there are those customers that would want organic as a choice (no different than offering Soy as an option.)

I see the organic section in grocery stores gaining more and more space....I see Whole Foods and Trader Joes, taking more market share all the time....even I buy organic foods for the most part.

We are gathering more info on this for now, but until then....what do you think about offering organic milk as a paid option?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea. I also think that we should have sugar free caramel and white chocolate.. another thing you should know is that Splenda is like powder poison.. people are soon going to realize that and won't have our drinks bc the sugar free items are sweetened with Splenda! I recommend that we have our own syrups.. sweetened with Stevia which is a natural sweetener from a leaf.

Also.. is there any way for us to make our chills less fattening? The powder that we put into the drinks..maybe substituting it for like protein powder or something? Wouldnt it be great if we were not only known as the coffee place that serves the best quality drinks, but that are also the healthiest? I think it would be. =)

Jen from SC

::A Cup of Jen:: said...

We could revolutionize the Coffee business.. by being 100% healthy. =)

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I believe our customers would like that option. Forward thinking! That's the BIGGBY way! Taking care of our customers! CH

BIGGBY BOB said...

Jen, I'm for....one step at a time :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell you that organic always sells in my area (Ann Arbor) I also agree with the above poster that Splenda is to be avoided at all possible. If I go to my neighborhood Biggby's to get one of those Caramel chills, as I did yesterday to celebrate getting that stimulus payment from the government, (DEELICIOUS) I'm going for all the sugar and all the whipped cream...it's a treat after all. On a normal day, just a regular coffee or cap with no sugar at all..Biggby's has the best cappucinos around.